Adam Kinney has put together a great resource of the Microsoft product teams and groups that have Twitter accounts. This is especially helpful since it’s sometimes hard to
tell which Twitter accounts are legitimate and which are held by squatters. If you’ve been curious about which Twitter accounts are the real deal, you can now rest assured that the official Microsoft Twitter accounts listed below are OK to follow:
- @MSWindows – Announcing Windows 7
- @WindowsLive – Official Twitter account of Microsoft Windows Live
- @MajorNelson - Major Nelson, a.k.a. Larry Hryb of the Xbox 360 group.
- @liveframework – liveframework
- @livemesh – Sync, share, and access the information you care about—wherever you happen to be.
- @SharePoint – The official tweetstream of the SharePoint product group - managed by @LLiu
- @bizspark – Microsoft BizSpark - Software, Support, Visibility
- @zunemarketplace – Zune Marketplace is a store for the way you love music, with brand-new releases every week and a huge selection of music in every style imaginable
- @wmdev – Windows Mobile
- @microsofttag – Microsoft Tag
- @ch9 – listen to the cockpit, help us fly the plane
- @ch10 – Channel 10 is Microsoft's online community for the technology enthusiast
- @ch8 – Microsoft's community for students
- @mixonline – Come check us out at
- @MIX09 – The Next Web Now, pre-empted by @MIX07, @MIX08 and @PDC08
– Want a copy of A Website Named Desire? This li'l birdie will tell you how. Wait for the tweets.
– News from Microsoft Accessibility team, which strives for technology to be usable by everyone & complements our physical & cognitive abilities.
- @MSDN – Updates from the MSDN site team.
- @adCenterBlog – News, Tips, Tricks & Best Practices From The Guys At Microsoft adCenter
Know any more? Let
Adam know and he will updated the list.