Channel 9 Code Of Conduct
(Last updated: March 2006)
As part of Microsoft's commitment to make Channel 9 a great place to meet and interact with others around the world, you agree to abide by our code of conduct. Your commitment to these guidelines in all of your C9 activities ensures a positive experience for all participants. Specific groups, chats, and other services may have additional guidelines which govern your use, so be sure to review them in addition to this code of conduct.
Microsoft is not responsible for the content or activities in any user-created, non-Microsoft managed communication service. We reserve the right to terminate your access to any C9 communication service or delete content, without notice, found to be in violation of the code of conduct.
Channel 9 is a general purpose web site and is designed for non-commercial, individual members only.
Some information you provide or upload to Channel 9 may be stored outside of the country in which you reside.
Be a Good Neighbor
- Please treat all other online participants with respect and do not use this site to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse other users.
- Microsoft reserves the right to remove user-created services and content that advocate or encourage expressions of violence, bigotry, racism, hatred, obscenity, or profanity.
- We encourage you to take part in the Channel 9 conversations. Channel 9 Administrators or Microsoft may, at will and without notice, remove postings or ban participants that are deemed objectionable or that violate this code of conduct.
- Impersonating a Microsoft employee, agent, manager, host, or another user is forbidden.
- Do not use Channel 9 to spam others. Spam includes sending identical and irrelevant or unsolicited submissions to many different users, and includes misrepresenting the source of anything you post. Spamming and scrolling in chat rooms are serious violations of online etiquette.
- Channel 9 may be used to provide supplemental information regarding your own business (provided you do not spam to provide this information); however, it is not designed to be used as the primary mechanism for operating your business or providing core information about your business. Any use of the communication services for commercial purposes is solely at your own risk and Microsoft has no liability for such use.
Know the Law
- Microsoft does not allow behavior or content related to illegal activities. You cannot use Channel 9 to publish, post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or discussion. This includes, but is not limited to, child pornography, bestiality, incest, illegal drugs, software piracy, and harassment.
- You may not use Channel 9 for the purpose of linking to external sites that violate this code of conduct.
- Do not upload files or post messages that contain photos, music, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents. Microsoft is not responsible for any use of material posted by users.
- Do not post or promote any materials that could harm or disrupt another user's computer or would allow others to inappropriately access software or web sites.
- In addition to upholding this code of conduct, you are responsible for adhering to all local and national laws that pertain to your location.
- Channel 9 is not designed as the primary place to store any materials; you are responsible for creating backups of materials you post to any communication service such as photos, documents and software. Microsoft is not responsible for loss of, access to, deletion, alteration, or restoration of any materials associated with a communication service.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own judgment when evaluating information provided through any communication service, and remember that the information provided could be from people at any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions is your own and you should perform your own research prior to making any decisions.
Help Protect Your Children, Privacy and Property
- We caution you against giving out any personally identifiable information (such as social security number, credit card number, name, address, telephone number, driver's license number, password, etc.) online. This information can easily be used for illegal or harmful purposes.
- You are responsible for protecting your computer against interference or viruses that may be encountered on the Internet and Channel 9. We do not screen, backup, or restore user-created material stored within this site. We recommend you install a virus protection program on your computer and keep it up to date.
- We encourage parents to join their children as they explore the Internet so that parents can be aware of and help exercise control over the material their children encounter, and to help make sure that their children do not post images of themselves, school records, or any other identifying information that could be used in a harmful manner.
- To read this site's Privacy Statement please click here.
Thanks for following this code of conduct and joining Channel 9! We reserve the right to amend or change the code of conduct at any time and encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure you are in compliance.