In this demo-rich presentation, we’ll be covering some of the lesser known features of a tool we all use on a daily basis – SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). Our coverage will extend across 5 areas; Startup, Customization, Shortcuts, Learning and Troubleshooting. We’ll also take a look at some of the new Management Studio features in the recently released SQL Server 2008 R2.
Some of the specific things we’ll be covering include;
* Central Management Servers with Policy Based Management,
* Using the SSMS debugging tool,
* Activity Monitor & SQL Profiler integration,
* Discovering missing indexes from execution plans,
* ... and a whole lot more including object explorer customization, fast start-up, colour-coded connections and a few completely-useless-but-infinitely-cool tricks to play on your unsuspecting work colleagues!..