Clint_hill: I usually agree with turning on the negative feedback as must as possible (you've seen me encourage it over and over). It's how we learn to be better. But in some situations a little dialog (er pushback even) is necessary too.

This is a two-way street. Sometimes in the cockpit the pilot has to yell at the passengers and say "sit the hell down." I've heard it happen in a real plane. For their own good.

In this case we have a team who is working 24-hours-a-day trying to do the best they can under extremely tense, and extremely trying, circumstances.

You say "no breaks in software development." That's right. But, remember that there are human beings on this side of the fence too. Cut them a bit of slack, especially when they are working overnight trying to fix a problem that criminals exposed in the first place.

I'd love to give you a tour sometime around the security team and the Internet Explorer team so you can see how they are working.

Right now they are doing everything they can to help customers out. The patch will be out as soon as humanly possible. Can we do it any faster? I wish we could, but we're human and it takes time to make sure you don't cause a bigger mess than the one we're in already.

Keep watching microsoft.com/security. As soon as something new is known, it'll be up there. Last update was at 8:35 p.m. our time on Friday night.