Anyone else think that as the PC becomes less of a Office piece and more of a living room piece (e.g. Media Centre) then people will stop buying these silly consoles and start buying more PC games?

I mean when was the last time a console at release time was able to out perform a PC? And if that ever happened how long would it last for, one month, five months?

As soon as something like Battlefield 2 is released on a console everyone will be going crazy about how much games have moved forward and how near to movies they are now.. But the truth is you could play such games on the PC years before hand.

I am also waiting for consoles to start getting higher quality input controls.. I mean a control with two mini joysticks is just not at all a good way to control a game.. People might be used to that method of controlling games, but that doesn't make it an effective method...

When, if ever, have you seen PC players matched up against console players? Never? And why not? Well perhaps because the console people wouldn't stand a chance against someone with a keyboard and mouse.

In a theoretical tank game, I can move the tank, move the turret on the tank and do 'other things' such as change weapon or change view points all at the same time. On a controller you can *either* control the turret or do 'other things'. It isn't so much about number of buttons, but more about the way people's fingers, and wrists (on a PC) get utilised. When does your wrist movement get used with a normal controller?