I also am one that believes Channel 9 can be a force for change...I don't know if I want to get into a disucssion of "expectations" only because with something as experimental and evolving as this site, it is difficult to have preconceived notions of the way it should run.  Nor I am not going to jump on the "it's a one-way street" bandwagon like Channel 9 is some massive black hole inhaling information from every corner of the globe.  To borrow/extend (misapply?) a concept, I think things are still in the "storming" stage ("Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing"), which is a good thing. I'm sure, too, for some the newness factor of this site will wear off after a time...but hopefully it will not become the Land of Misfit Toys or worse ("Nobody wants to play with a Charley in the Box").

Re: seeing the Research area...can't wait for that.  What I found interesting, though, is that when I would look around at other Research areas/departments in places such as MIT (and others) so many roads seemed to lead right back to...um...DARPA.