Loading Visual Studio Achievements

Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements

• Oops, something didn't work.

Getting "follow" information
    Start following this thread
    Removing your "follow"
    Setting up your "follow"
  • Tommy LeeTommy Lee

Robert Scoble and Ben Riga are Evangelists (although some would say we are marketing too!).

Some other folks in Product Group Marketing in the Developer Division are:

Brian Goldfarb
    Dan Fernandez
    Jay Roxe
    Brian Keller

All these guys are cool and if you met them, they would definitely not fit your stereotypical marketing guy.

• TensorTensor Im in yr house upgrading yr family

Sabot wrote:
  • John Porcaro
  • Chris Sells
  • Robert Scoble
  • Daryll McDade
  • Pradeep U.N.
  • Mark Law (Virtual Earth)
  • Ben Riga

These are the seven I have under Microsoft marketing, so with Kevin Briody, and Major Nelson that now makes nine.

• Get em together. Start a channel.

• erikerik_ Whooops!

jonathanh wrote:
    Amen - iirc we have as many marketers as developers at Microsoft, but you wouldn't know that from our blogs!

So around 15 developers get driven by a few thousand program managers Tongue Out

• David OliverSabot My name is Dave Oliver. I'm a Technical Architect

Tommy Lee wrote:
    Robert Scoble and Ben Riga are Evangelists (although some would say we are marketing too!).

Some other folks in Product Group Marketing in the Developer Division are:

Brian Goldfarb
    Dan Fernandez
    Jay Roxe
    Brian Keller

All these guys are cool and if you met them, they would definitely not fit your stereotypical marketing guy.

I recently had the good fortune to meet Melita Walton who works in Marketing at Microsoft UK. Melita has been instrumental in supporting the Girl Geek dinners and the Developer Days. She is also far from the stereotypical marketing person.

You can hear my interview with her on the DDD2 Geek Dinner podcast ... link tba!

Speaking of podcasting ... I'm also going to be one of the podcasters at Robert Scobles UK Geek Dinner event in December. Which I'm very much looking forward to. I'm not sure I will have an opportunity to interview Robert as I'm sure either Lloyd or Hugh will want to do that.

• irascianirascian Irascible Ian

I find myself reading Gretchen's blog from Microsoft through msdn.blogs.net and have to say although I wouldn't normally have chosen to subscribe to the recruitment feed her blog is one of the best ones I read.

Normally human resources/recruitment are people I run away from (waste of space, just get in the way, don't understand the business etc.) but her blogs are excellent and give real insight into the Microsoft recruitment process. Respect!

• Thread Closed

This thread is kinda stale and has been closed but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums,
    or Contact Us and let us know.