I do not believe that you can uninstall it.
I tried that by going through the normal Control Paner uninstall routine and it still runs but keeps poping up run errors.
The real problem is the search indexing .EXE.
I commented it out and the performance of my Dell Laptop went up immediately.
here is what I did:
1. Open Task Manager and expand
2. Click on Mem Usage to see who / what is hogging up memory
3. searchindexer.exe was at the top on my list
4. Close Taskmanager
5. Open Windows Search (yeah, I know but click to use the old version and close the new (crappy) version
6. Do a search for "searchindexer"
7. I had several hits but selected the actual application
8. Select it in the list and right click and choose rename
9. Insert a "!" and a space at the front of the file name
10. Close search
11. Cold re-boot your machine
Now the searchindexer will not load and run and your maching peformance should increase.