like i said here i have 2x120G SATA drives, 7200: 40G (+50 unsorted) of Music and "some" movies.

Angus wrote:
I have a very organised system; for music for instance, I have this sort of organisation scheme:

\Music\<Artist Name>\<Artist Name> + "Tracks"\

and if there are a few pictures of the aritst I have this:

\Music\<Artist Name>\<Artist Name> + "Pictures"\

Every track is properly named and has the correct information; that was the part that took hours to do.
Angus Higgins

I have too, a very organised system. I keep all my media (music/movies/photos) in a 140G partition named "Media" Smiley Here  i have separate folders for "Music", "Movies" and "Pictures".

for music i use this sheme, and i think is the best:

Music\Metadata\ i store here some xmls about music and:

Music\Metadata\Band Photos\

<
Artist> (all pictures are named by artist in that photo)

Music\Metadata\Cover Art\

<Album Name> (same like Artist)

Music\Albums:

<Genre>\<Style>\<Artist> - <Album Name>\ (albums
    folders have special icons), and here tracks with this scheme:

<Track#>. <Artist> - <Song>      

Music\Artists:

<Artist Name>\Songs\, here songs with:

<Artist Name> - <Song>

Music\Clips:

<Genre>\<Artist> - <Clip>, for 3 or more clips by same artist i
    create a separate folder with a special icon.

Music\Songs:

<Genre>\<Artist> - <Song>

I don't use ID3 tags they are so limited and slow, i use info from xmls (designed by me) inside Metadata folder, also designed a app that read it and displays in a very nice format, something between iTunes an WMP. Metadata stored in xml are permamently updated using a Win Service that read ID3 tags.

Also when i write CD/DVDs i also write a small chunk of data on it, folders with Cover Arts and Band Photos and a xml decument that describe that data, so its so easy to identify a disc and play it with my app.

SlackmasterK wrote:
Very nice. About time someone topped me. Is this on your home rig as well? But, I still win in the quantity of 120's

seams that i have some competition, not for long SlackmasterK.