Another_Darren wrote:
VB.NET... Run, run as fast as you can and hide from it.

7 Years of VB 6 and I finally tried to migrate my skills to VB.NET this year, one and one week later I was buying C# books.  I cannot see the point in learning/using VB.NET if you know C#?  It would be better to get the other VB developer to migrate to C#, he'll (or she?) will thank you later on.

Because apparently, the lady who's going to be my boss has to see all my work before it can be published; and she has to know what it's doing.  The thing that confuses me is that I can look at VB code and know what it's doing; why can't she do that with C#?

She's apparently been working in VB since VB4, and according to my 'insider contact', she's never been very good at it.  I can only imagine the pain of trying to teach her a new language, much less trying to get her to learn it on her own.

[quote user"Tensor"]Right, so c# biggots criticise VB for introducing the My namespace on the grounds that its dumbing-down, and then criticise because it takes more lines of code to achieve something? [/quote]
Isn't VB's 'my' namespace similar to C#'s 'this'?

Here's a question, I was messing with VB.NET last night, and I've been trying to figure out FOR loops.  In C# it's as easy as:

for (int index = 0; index < 10; index++) {
 [...] }

But in VB I have to:

Dim b As Integer = 0
For b = 0 To 10 
 [...]
 Next

Seems to me there should be an easier way, especially since I won't need 'b' anymore after the loop.  I tried for (dim b as Integer) = 1 to 10, that didn't work; I tried for dim b as Integer = 1 to 10, that didn't work; I tried the classic BASIC method of for b = 1 to 10, that didn't work without declaring and initializing 'b' ahead of time.