First, I don't care one way or the other about case sensitivity.  To me, case sensitivity is just another syntax of the language that I need to learn to use it.

I am amused but the "militant" case sensitivity people.  The language's case sensitivity doesn't make the code any more readable, the programmer does.  I'd also like to point out to the person who wrote the sentence in the wrong case, yes it was more difficult to parse then if it would have been if it were in the correct case, but, it did NOT change the meaning of the sentence.  It is very rare that case matters in English.  English (and I mention English specificlly becasuse I don't know enough about other natural languages) is much more context based.  Most people can descern the meaning of a word based on how it is used, not on what case it is in (although it may help). 

As for laziness - yes I am lazy, I drive a car instead of walk, I use a dishwasher instead of washing by hand, and I use an IDE that presents me with the methods and events of objects without me having to look them up.  For a Vb programmer, it also puts the variables into the requested case.  If I use these tools of the IDE am I a poorer programmer?