ScanIAm wrote:

http://harpers.org/StabbedInTheBack.html wrote:
Every state must have its enemies. Great powers must have especially monstrous foes. Above all, these foes must arise from within, for national pride does not admit that a great nation can be defeated by any outside force. That is why, though its origins are elsewhere, the stab in the back has become the sustaining myth of modern American nationalism. Since the end of World War II it has been the device by which the American right wing has both revitalized itself and repeatedly avoided responsibility for its own worst blunders. Indeed, the right has distilled its tale of betrayal into a formula: Advocate some momentarily popular but reckless policy. Deny culpability when that policy is exposed as disastrous. Blame the disaster on internal enemies who hate America. Repeat, always making sure to increase the number of internal enemies.

Pacelvi, you must stop your accusations of anti-americanism every time you speak to someone who thinks you are wrong.  It is the inalienable right of every citizen in our coutry to question our government. 

They have every right to question the gov't, though with the phrases he used I made an assumption he's not a US Citizen.

And its my right to respond.

I never suggested otherwise. (This is a common lefty trick.. accuse someone they disagree with with trying to strip them of thier rights just because thier ideas are challenged)

ScanIAm wrote:

Doing so does not imply lack of faith in our country, but instead, implies an expectation of a certain level of ethics and morality.  It is this right and the expectation that comes along with it that the rest of the world should strive for.  You do us all a disservice through your accusations.

Ah, so you seek to silence me through social pressure/shame.

Where is my right to speak?

Again, I didn't perceive the person I responded to as being an American therefore I reminded him that whatever his gripes are they fall on my deaf ears when the greater context of the world is taken into account.

I been around the world and I reject the smug European seething anti-Americanism. And Anti-Americanism is exactly what it is.

I have the 1st Amendent right to state that. Do they?