- It will be declared the Year of Linux on the Desktop.
- Vista will be released. Despite analyst's warnings, it will actually sell rather well.
- Apple will release another iPod, it will sell like hotcakes. Nobody will notice that its not actually that different from the last one.
- The blogosphere will collapse in on itself as the key figures realise that blogging is too mainstream and they have to invent something else to rave about.
- Richard Stallman will declare Linux the enemy of "really free" software. Nobody else will pay him any attention.
- PC magazines well publish various "Top 10 tips to speed up Vista" lists, at least half the tips will be placebos at best. At least one will actually degrade performance.
- 64 bit Windows will continue to feel unfinished.
- The first wave of WPF apps will appear on shareware sites. Almost all of them will feature ridiculous amounts of video and animation, because they can.
- A Zune owner will finally find someone to try and share music with, sadly that person will only have Celine Dion.
- Towards December, 2008 will be declared the Year of Linux on the Desktop.
Well…at least the future will be bloody hilarious.
1. There will finally be real AI
The rest soon.