thumbtacks wrote:

SecretSoftware wrote: I am excited about it because I feel as if i just landed from a rollercoaster ride. Its a feeling of happiness to plan in your head how LINQ will reduce 5000 lines of code significantly. Did you ever feel like when someone removes a noise that you always hear, and then you say that makes me feel better , why did I not remove it along time ago? That Is how I feel. No Kidding. This stuff is gold. Its value to me is much more than Gold, because now I can do alot with few words, and cross many boundries at the same time. I feel like I have the power of God! Hence , Its scary.
Abstraction != performance gains.

Productivity gains, maybe. How does LINQ work on huge collections of data? Like giant XML documents or large databases. Does it play nice with Oracle databases when you are pulling data from a dozen tables in an effort to retrieve hundreds or thousands of records?

I'd bet a small amount of cash that the way in which LINQ is implemented WILL result in measurable performance gains, perhaps humanly noticeable.

Thumb, I will definitely take a look at your "whoa". That's what makes our jobs FUN. Happy Holidays.

I am very very excited about LINQ, or did I say that already?
Smiley