My Acer Ferrari 4005 runs Vista pretty snapily. I have all the hardware except for the card reader up and running. But I'm having severe problems with sleep/hibernate.

It seems it will only sleep properly roughly 2/3 of the time, the other occasions it will not  shut down. The screen goes off, it becomes unresponsive to the keyboard, but the power stays on and if anything the fan starts running faster than normal.

If I hold down the power button for a few seconds it will turn off, but the next time I start it up it does not boot correctly, instead it just beeps very loudly. One long beep followed by two short beeps, repeating. I've tried to look this up but all I can seem to find is that it is related to the graphics system.

I hold down the power button again to turn it off, and on once more starting it up it will cold boot normally, with the "windows was not  shut down correctly" boot message.

Any hints for troubleshooting this problem?

I like running Vista on this machine, but at the moment I just can't trust leaving any program running when I go to close the lid.

My desktop system had been bluescreening about every 3 days, but it seems to be more stable now, I think since I upgraded the drivers for my Hauppauge HVR1300 TV tuner card. Its now been up for 9 days without issue.

My favourite feature at the moment is Remote Desktop Composition.
Its pretty cool to be able to use Flip3D over RDP, it almost gets confusing which computer is which.