JohnAskew wrote:
I heard an opinion on NPR that the last 100 years of progress are worth the price of human-caused global warming and that another 100 years of it are warranted to increase our technological advances.

Poverty, disease, and hunger are much more important than climate change, as the opinion stated, and that makes sense to me.

And I do agree with you, Kevin, that there is nothing we can do about it. It's one of those "real world" things like crime, poverty, and disease that just won't go away by wishing.

Give me the magic wand and I will use it. I conserve energy in every way I can today short of living in the streets with my family and eating out of dumpsters or just offing myself (the %100 path).

Think about it. Isn't it a matter of priorities? Should we give up on technology preemptively or have faith that we will find a way to adapt to living in our fishbowl filled with our own doo and no sucker fishes to clean it... Perhaps we can genetically engineer some sky CO2 sucker-creatures -- like the flying pizzas that Spock and Jim had to deal with on Star Trek . heh

??