You know I have not posted in awhile and reading this thread has made me a sad panda. The topic is rather bothersome to be honest. Now I will say I came about channel9 via the powers of google and linking. I of course have blogged about many of the things that have gone on here, and in some instances even made an effort to participate in the community and in general find it an interesting place to hang. I still read the forums everyday and have long since stopped watching the video’s as I do think the quality of the films has gone down considerably and I have mentioned this in other threads.  But on the topics of Scoble’s comments and Charles “What in the hell” moment; I find is sad that Robert has gone about his typical me me me way. He only seems to care about stuff when it’s all about him, I do not ever see “us” comments. He comes back with well it was only important when I said something, when I read his comments this seemed like the feeling they possessed.

This is not uncommon and this is why I do not read his blog but Charles I have to ask, what is the point? You make this sound desperate and your argument sounds like something for the sake of having something to say. The argument does not even sound coherent just a bunch of rambling about how Channel 9 is not marketing, which in my opinion is total bs as an idea it’s pure marketing from the start, you do not have be pushing a physical item in order to be marketing something.  The pure idea of the site is the marketing of the information you provide in your videos and you know that. So that argument is just a lame one and furthermore why does it matter what Robert says? I mean come one when people were making comments like Channel 9 will never make it; I did not see you come out and say anything then, why now? Just because Scoble once wore a channel 9 bandanna? When people called you guys out on why your videos where lacking in content that was truly developer oriented you said nothing then.  Now I have a great respect for you Charles and for the most part enjoy the things you say and the videos you have done but Step down from the podium and go back to your desk and actually do something; come back and fight for something that matters.

In the words of F. Scott Fitzgerald,

“The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function”