RobertScoble wrote:

Charles wrote: Plus, you'll finally get to hear what Ozzie has been noodling on for so long...C

How can you be sure that his team is going to be finished by then? I sure hope he doesn't get pressure to come out with unfinished code.

Microsoft made that mistake with Longhorn (hyping it up before it was really ready to be hyped up). I was wrong to take part in that, but I really didn't know just how bad it was. From looking at the demos I thought it was ready. I, and others, are going to be far more skeptical the next time around.

I know Ray's team is working hard to remain quiet until they have real code to ship. But, anyone in development knows how hard it is to really nail a date. Since Mix was planned a long time ago, I don't want Ray to feel pressure to talk about something that's vapor. If he does, he'll really blow his team's chances at getting the world's attention.

That all said, I really hope he hits a grand slam home run at Mix. If he doesn't, there will definitely be chatter about Microsoft's Internet Strategy failures yet again. No matter how pissed Rory gets.

It won't be an empty keynote... Obviously, nobody talks about technologies that aren't ready to be disclosed publicly. My point is that Ozzie will speak and when he does it won't be vaportalk...

C