||Rowan wrote: The site's very slow and it locks up the browser for a few seconds every time it loads a page.
seems fine to me on IE7
cool. Our cage is in toronto as am i, so it may be slower than here elsewhere in the world. not sure.
In other news: Chris Pirillo
"Okay, it’s been a while since I’ve bothered to mention it - but PikSpot has finally released into public beta their community content platform. It’s certainly evolved since I first looked at it a few months ago. Before you fade out and assume this is just
another network, let me give you a few of the more unique features these guys have offered the ol’ TechTV community-at-large:
- Vetted talent can have pre-defined RSS feeds consumed and included in the player automatically.
- You can place comments in an embedded piece of media - so long as you’re logged in.
- If you’re not logged in, you can do so from within the embedded media.
- If you don’t have an account, you can sign up for one from within the embedded media.
- Comments automatically show up wherever that media is visible - on the site, or through any embed!
- You can jump to any point in an audio / video file with little-to-no wait time (instant scrubbing).
- When jumping to a point in the timeline, you can set a Marker description (not unique to the Pikspot platform, but awesome nonetheless).
- Tags can be added by the community to any piece of media from within the embed. "
or - in a nutshell: http://www.channel9.ca/any_site.htm
So there is the embed - you can log in from anywhere without leaving embed site - unlike most others which pull you back to the originating site
PS - ANY 9ers who feel like "digging" this... please
click here and digg it
*would be much appreciated...
Also - thanks Jeff for linking