ScanIAm wrote:

billh wrote:

ScanIAm wrote:

billh wrote:

ScanIAm wrote:
Too bad, cuz it would be fun to be able to point out how wrong he was about the whole 'afterlife' thing, but since it's not real, he's just dead.
And you're sure of this, based on what evidence? For reference.

Wait.  You think that I need evidence to disprove YOUR idea that we all go to some kind of magical fairyland when we die?

The nerve of some people.
So let me get this correct. To you, the Bible is a complete work of fiction. And what leads you to believe that point of view?
Lack of evidence to the contrary.
Or do you mean to state that in your personal experience, there is lack of evidence to the contrary? Or is it that you tried something once, it didn't work, therefore none of it works? That would seem to imply you had some faith to begin with, however. I do know that there are a few churches out there that liberally add to what is written in Word, and that causes a great deal of problems because it gets passed off as the gospel truth (see articles about the concept of limbo for a good example of this), when in fact it is more like an interpretation or just plain wrong. But that's where the Word ends and the "religion" part kicks in...