amotif wrote:
I was laid off once. It was probably the best thing that could have happened to me at the time. I hope it turns out the same for you. 

Do you need to stay until Dec. 14th to get the 4 months of severance? Just something to consider. If you do stay, make yourself uber-useful and get a feel for whether they might be able to bring you back in on contract at a cushy rate.

Since we're "Lords of the Layoffs" ALOT of people have gotten laid off and been OK. Heck, some of the people who've been laid off from AOL still haven't gotten jobs a year or so later...they're home playing WoW or Counterstrike.

I watched a few of my old managers leave the building...they decided not to take the transitional setup...interesting enough that leave their old employees with no managers, haha.

I'm starting to do the math with my serverance, some bonuses we get, and some other income I'm due between now and then, and honestly I "think" I can float for a year or so if I have to....but I don't think I'll have to....nor will I want to.