i agree with Akaina - no matter how "political" or "emotional" that post may seem to Microsoftites - its really is a speading fire..

people want to technology to free them and are willing to participate to make it so.  The mere fact OSS exists must scare the parts off you..

I cant use it ( no apps) but the second ONE app - is only avail on Linux and no Win - that i want - that will be it..  thats - Dual boot stage..

Imagine if - for lack of better example - ill use long awaited game Doom3.. imagine if - ID released it ONLY for Linux. Only. THat was it. ( Of course they couldnt - cause the are a big company = sharesholders) - but pretending they did - there would be ALOT of new linux installs going on.

Sooner or later - a developer who wants to be heard or noticed - will come up with that app - and - if as emotionally or politically based as above comment is his/her slant - it will be a linux only release.

Perhaps there already is a "killer linux app" ( apart from the internet and email lol)

but so far those still run on windows

* this all comes back to the Google OS post - its all about trust

trust your customers
make longhorn "free" as in unrestricted in anyway

heck id pay DOUBLE

( now that would be a good poll: would you pay more for a windows that was totally free!!!"

i WOULD