I find the MSDN documentation to be marginally helpful when developing my projects. I usually go to MSDN to find out what the methods and properties of an object are, then I go out on the web and search for "Scenarios" where I would use them.

It would be nice if there were more scenario's in MSDN. What I mean is something like this. Say you are developing an application that accesses an Xml Document. You need to be able to iterate through all the nodes and if you find and attribute with the name of productID add a value.

I am not really look for a sample, because I get really tired of samples against the NW DB.

What would be nice is if I clicked on XmlDataDocument in MSDN in addition to all the properties and methods there would also be some common scenarios like the one above. Then there would be a short list of the items necessary to make that happen, i.e. XmlDataDocument, XmlNode, Xpath, etc.

I don't know if I am making sense here but I just think the documentation could be a little richer.

What are your thoughts?

~ Knute