Manip wrote:
Shining Arcanine wrote:

That is already a setting but I agree, it should be set that way by default, not like it is now.

Don't be silly, if they did that then how would the new MSN music store sell anything _sigh_

Personally, I find it an annoyance.

By the way, I didn't know that MSN had a music store, where can I find it and how much does each track cost?

Edit: Regarding this article:

http://www.nordichardware.com/interview/2004/ATi_Catalyst/

ATI wrote:
We have hardware acceleration for Windows Media Video coming, but we need Microsoft to provide an update to Windows first. Our code is complete in the control panel option, but the deblocking code is not functional yet, due to the Microsoft dependency. Unfortunately we didn't get all the dependencies we needed, so as of this time it’s just a hidden checkbox which does nothing

I would like to see an update to the Windows Media technologies that would enable ATI to accelerate Windows Media Video. I'm not sure whether or not this would accelerate playing, encoding, or doing both in the Windows Media format but whatever improvement that Video Accelerating Windows Media Video brings I would like to see.