I find that this is an amazing time; after the tragedy. There wasn't any warning, there wasn't anything anyone could do, and it goes without saying I have the victims and their loved ones in my prayers.

The world is now uniquely poised to be able to offer assistance, disregard many political barriers - which somehow seem to scale to irrelevance in the face of the devastation - and come to build something amazing.

It is the first time in the modern world an initiative will have to scale so large without the main purpose being conflict. And it is the first time we are united as a race, through communication technology, and in a position to be able to help.

As for what i can do, I feel guilty donating money. It seems such a feeble thing to do. Aid agencies are shipping bottled water, almost overwhelmed with how to cope, what to do next. I will donate; disregarding which agency is doing what, and target the funds at the government initiatives that have been setup.

To wonder in awe at natural disasters in a movie theatre has left us expectant of a short sequence of events leading to an acceptable quick outcome. In reality, the relief, I think, will take years and will ultimately end up as an historical achievement.

Without the ability to blame someone, to seek justice or even understanding, it is hard to find a sense of closure. To anyone who is grieving, for a friend or relative, I offer my sincere condolences. I pray that you find the strength within yourself to remember them fondly, and rise each day knowing they loved you too.

Drex