Manip wrote:
Are you joking? I mean you link to a study on Microsoft.com! Not even mentioning Microsoft's history (particularly the incident when they showed internet explorer is faster than Netscape when Netscape is on a slower connection!). Also it is talking about file access only... AND what about Microsoft's wonderful "total ownership of windows is less than Linux.." which is just funny.. really is funny...

Not to mention this is testing Samba not linux. And even then only one feature of Samba.

Tech support doesn't have to work as hard and anyone that pays per minute/hour will be in the poor house with Linux.

Tech Support: Now I want you to type in this 200 character line into the bash prompt.

Worker: I have no clue what you just said, what is a bash prompt and would you repeat each character extremely slowly so I make sure that I type the right one?

With Windows, everything is visual so things are streamlined and it is not a GUI on top of a command prompt.

Tech Support: I want you to click this, this and this, then check this and click the ok button 3 times.

Worker: Done, everything is working again, thankyou!

This really increases productivity which lowers the TCO.

And if you still don't believe me, thinking that Windows 2003 Server is not a significant increase in performance is your choice and I have no right to argue with you over your decision.