1) Trivia contest pertaining to Channel 9 and its content
2) Scavenger hunt (ie where is the 9 guy in his first out of office experience?)
3) Another Coding contest
4) Essay contest (for those unfortunate non-programmers out there) like "Why Channel9 is the best thing since sliced bread" or "How channel9 has helped me the most"
5) Name that "geek". Put pictures of people from different videos on a page and have people figure out who they are.
Of course, decent prizes for each.
I second these ideas (and the giant inflatable Channel 9 guy one mentioned by ZippyV). I think random user ID giveaways would be great, too...but ACTIVE users only (spam appearances do not count). Or:
0) Burn/distribute all the videos onto DVD for those of us with lousy bandwidth.
1) Go a step further with the "name that geek" idea and have a matching contest where you list something unique about a person at Microsoft, and then try to match it up with a photograph of that person.
Example: a) Secretly stashes extra donuts in their desk when the company delivers them to their department...matches with...1) JonathanH
2) As mentioned before, an interview with Allen, Gates or Ballmer...off the cuff, no scripts.
3) How about those t-shirts?
jsr $fc58 (300: 20 58 FC)