, vesuvius wrote

I think a lot of people need to step out into the real world, away from hobby projects and into the world of producing software for companies and you will find uptake of WPF pretty high.

I am constantly turning work down, because recruitment agencies cannot find enough people with modern .NET 4.0 skills so there is a marked difference between the hypothetical bashing and FUD in this thread, and the real world. I don't hope to convince or see any placation of this fact, but WPF is gaining traction, and a lot of applications are creating experiences that would be otherwise impossible.

You nailed it vesuvius. Those of us working on real world applications that have issues with WPF must just be incompetent. Those incompetancies are voiced in FUD. Our every day issues with WPF are all just hypothetical. Thanks.

When we first started with our WPF application (production business app) we brought on some big guns like yourself -- and yes they were in high demand. When talking to them about their other projects you come to find out rather quickly that very few of them make it to production or are scaled way down in order to save face and get something out for all the money spent. After the first couple of sprints to nowhere they chuckled and said "get used to it -- you'll build & tear down several times before you get it right."