8 hours ago, jmzl666 wrote

@DeathByVisualStudio:
Yes, being a software developer is hard, and isn’t getting any easier in the future as far i can tell.

It's not about being hard. It's about cost. It amazes me on how few people understand this. How can you afford to sell a commercial application of justify a new LOB app if the cost is 3 times what it used to be to build?

8 hours ago, jmzl666 wroteWill I use WPF for simple LOB apps? Probably not, even LightSwitch sounds like a better idea, I guess it comes down to “use the right tool for the job”.

So what your saying is WPF is not the future. It just is an alternative to Winforms. If it were a replacement for Winforms it would be considered the right tool. In the end Microsoft looses projects and developers because they've let their bread & butter (Winforms) stagnate while alternatives pop-up left and right. What should have been its replacement (WPF) is really for specialized apps that need the richness that it provides above and beyond Winforms (and at three times the cost).

Sounds like a great strategy Microsoft.If you enjoy WPF and all of the other puzzles Microsoft is giving you to solve by all means enjoy yourself. It unfortunately doesn't change the cost factor.