Hmm, that's interesting...

• Google Chrome is Google’s open source browser project
    Running webkit. So a sort of open source Safari?
  • The browser will include a JavaScript Virtual Machine called V8
    This sounds like the most compelling feature to me, if they can pull it off properly. I haven't been that impressed by Google's desktop apps so far.
  • Google Chrome will use special tabs
    On top of the address bar instead of below them. Whoop?
  • The browser has an address bar with auto-completion features.
    Like every modern browser, once IE8 is released.
  • As a default homepage Chrome presents you with a kind of “speed dial” feature, similar to the one of Opera
    Also recently closed tabs and such. In other words, like Opera and IE8.
  • Chrome has a privacy mode; Google says you can create an “incognito” window “and nothing that occurs in that window is ever logged on your computer.”
    Like IE8 and Safari.
  • Web apps can be launched in their own browser window without address bar and toolbar.
    What... advantage does that bring?
  • To fight malware and phishing attempts, Chrome is constantly downloading lists of harmful sites
    That's nothing new either.

It's an interesting move.. but so far I'm wondering how this is supposed to stand out between the other browsers. It looks sort of like it's picking various bits of the major browsers already out there... something you can already do with the infinitely modifyable Firefox. What sounds like the most interesting feature, the javascript engine, is open sourced, so there's no stopping anybody from putting that in Firefox as well.

Can't say I'm entirely convinced, but it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.