Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements

• Oops, something didn't work.

Getting "follow" information
    Start following this thread
    Removing your "follow"
    Setting up your "follow"
  • ManipManipUni

Apple's support is useless...

That being said this is a bad example of that.

• Alexei PavlovBlackTiger If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.

ManipUni said:
    Apple's support is useless...

That being said this is a bad example of that.

Any "support" is useless. That's why all "support" is moved to India. It couldn't be useless even more, at least it will be cheaper.

• Maddus MattusMaddus Mattus Maddus on C9, Is often ​controversi​al, But fun ​none-the-​less -​evildictait​or

There are plenty of posts in the TechOff on howto convert movie formats,..

I am surprised the tech support didnt point to the Channel9 TechOff forum,..

• Jason IpockJason I

BlackTiger said:
    ManipUni said:
    *snip*
    Any "support" is useless. That's why all "support" is moved to India. It couldn't be useless even more, at least it will be cheaper.
    Re: Support in India.

I have an HP I twice called support on, back in 2004. First call was sent to the US. The next time I called, I was put to India. The first issue was fixed (bad Hard Drive - they shipped a new one the next day). The second issue involved slow internet. The people from India were polite, prompt, and utterly useless. I had to research out the problem (it was a bad SCANNER, if you could believe that)*.

I also have a Dell XPS - All calls went to the US, both in the midwest. Both times, my issue was resolved.

Is it really a trend to have support in India? My experience shows me otherwise.

* - The issue was whenever I'd enter an internet address like http://channel9.msdn.com, I could navigate there easily. But if I merely put in channel9.msdn.com (without the prefix), , all internet browsers literally took something like 90 seconds to resolve. Apparently, with certain old HP scanners connected to a newer PC, the SCANNER tried to resolve the URL. Don't ask me why, but I found a MS KB article on it.

• Kevin BoyleKevinB

In fairness, what did you want them to say?

"Sure, sure, here is some software at http://ituneshacking.warez that will break the DRM, and then just go download FFMPEG to convert it to MPEG2 and then use Windows DVD Maker to burn it on to DVD."

Seriously....

• RefraxRefrax

Jason I said:
    BlackTiger said:
    *snip*
    Re: Support in India.

I have an HP I twice called support on, back in 2004. First call was sent to the US. The next time I called, I was put to India. The first issue was fixed (bad Hard Drive - they shipped a new one the next day). The second issue involved slow internet. The people from India were polite, prompt, and utterly useless. I had to research out the problem (it was a bad SCANNER, if you could believe that)*.

I also have a Dell XPS - All calls went to the US, both in the midwest. Both times, my issue was resolved.

Is it really a trend to have support in India? My experience shows me otherwise.

* - The issue was whenever I'd enter an internet address like http://channel9.msdn.com, I could navigate there easily. But if I merely put in channel9.msdn.com (without the prefix), , all internet browsers literally took something like 90 seconds to resolve. Apparently, with certain old HP scanners connected to a newer PC, the SCANNER tried to resolve the URL. Don't ask me why, but I found a MS KB article on it.

do you happen to still have the KB number on that?

• Jason IpockJason I

Refrax said:
    Jason I said:
    *snip*
    do you happen to still have the KB number on that?
    Sorry, I don't.. This happened years ago and I don't own the scanner anymore (it wasn't even mine, it was a friend's scanner).

• Thread Closed

This thread is kinda stale and has been closed but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums,
    or Contact Us and let us know.