tfraser said:
Ray7 said:
*snip*
I understand your thinking, but at the same time I'm also conscious that Microsoft can't stand around doing nothing while the Get a Mac ads continue to run.

No matter how you interpret the actual commercials the fact is that Apple is actively selling itself to consumers while tearing into Microsoft's reputation. The average customer (who doesn't know much about computing) will no doubt just play along with this unless they're also provided with the alternative view from Microsoft.

Your prediction would probably be realised if all users had a solid understanding of the industry but fortunately (for Microsoft) that isn't the case.
At this moment have  1000 Eur to thrown,

I have 3 PC

1st  Intel quad core 9550 , 8gb Ram Nvidia 8800 GTX on Mb Asus p5n 650 SLI.   on monitor Dell Ultrasharp  27 in DVi S-Pva , Vista x 64 Ultimate Sp1

2nd  Notebook Dell XPS  with Vista Ultima x86  sp1

3  PC made in 2002/3 with

Asus p4p800  Intel P IV 2,4 ghz 1,5 gb ddr 400 and Nvidia 7600 GS   Vista Ultimate x86  SP1  (update to leater Ram and Gpu) on Acer Monitor

I have Samsung Omnia with Windows Mobile 6.1

in every one of these PCs do not have the slightest problem ,

Using photoshop without problems, do video editing without problems, listening to music without problems, use the Internet without problems ,
I synced all my mail into and out smoothly with Live (free)
I synced my mobile without problem
use the best Open Source software without problems
I have a streaming video throughout my house that is extraordinary
Play the best game without problems
I have all software available in the world
I decide if I change GPU, CPu, Ram, Mb etc.

I said as the first i have  1000 Eur to thrown,

damn me 1 reason to get a Mac

one reason