androidi said:
wisemx said:
*snip*

In any case it's looking quite half-as*ed to first do something that appears original and then move to copy the idea from Apple. Though in retrospect the whole Seinfeld thing wasn't that original after all it was something as dumb you'd have in that show. Maybe the whole strategy is to do one seemingly dumb thing after another to keep people talking.

Now if there was some defending of Vista vs OS X going on atleast in tech circles I can safely say it started way beyond these ads as people got tired of the increasing amount of mac zealots ravings as they did with the penguin zealots before.

I disagree with this.

Microsoft actually did something amazing with the "I'm a PC" ads. It was well known that the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" ads from Apple severely hurt Microsoft's image. It also hurt PC sales dramatically. But, with Microsoft's "I'm a PC" ads, they put an end to the Mac/PC commercials (have you seen one on TV lately?). Not only did they address the criticisms from Apple, portaying PC users as dolts, but turned the accusations on its head. "Hey, I'm a PC, and I'm not a dorky John Hodgman! I'm a real person!". Best of all, Microsoft didn't stoop to Apple's level: exagerating issues and speaking half-truths (in most cases, but not all).

I'm very impressed with the I'm a PC campaign, although they should have done this a year ago.

Although, I actually grew to like the seinfeld commercials too.