I really like # 6.ScanIAm said:Who is at fault?phreaks said:*snip*
1) Idiot homebuyers who bought more house than they could afford.
2) Fraudulent homebuyers/speculators who drove up the price of housing.
3) Mortgage brokers who were paid more money for riskier loans
4) Fraudulent appraisers and realestate agents who colluded to bring the prices of housing up.
5) Greedy mortgage lenders who felt that interest was more important than proper vetting of borrowers.
6) Derivative packagers and the rest of the douchebags on Wall St. who thought that if you package 100 turds with 1 diamond, it would even out.
7) Non-existant SEC.
8) A pointless, money-draining war that should never have been started in the first place.
9) Idiots who think that the economy should (and must) run on credit.
I'm sure we can come up with a few more reasons why the US economy is in the toilet, but those are all I could come up with.
I LOL'd that one.
As for #9, I don't think it should, but the reality is that it does.