BHpaddock said:
phreaks said:
*snip*
"Redistribution of wealth" doesn't apply here.  Focusing tax cuts on those with lesser incomes isn't redistributing wealth.  It's being fair.  The GOP have spread this myth that the economy is a fixed pie, and that giving tax relief to lower income families means somehow that it must come out of the pockets of the rich.  That is simply not the case.

I'm in the group that won't get a tax cut under Obama but might under McCain.  I'm voting for Obama.  I don't need a tax break, at least not as much as the US government needs to balance its budget and stop borrowing from China.  Someday my children are going to live in the country that we today leave behind for them.  I don't want them paying for Bush's irresponsible big government spending and endless borrowing.  I don't want religion / creationism being taught in their schools as science.  I will want them to never have to worry about healthcare no matter what happens to me.  I want them to have the same opportunities I had or better.  Basically, I don't want this country to continue going down the toilet as it has over the last 8 years and I give that a higher priority than lowering my tax burden.

I also really have to wonder if you make 250k+ a year and are voting for McCain.  In my experience, the people who seem most concerned with this "redistribution of wealth" fallacy aren't even affected by it.
One Nation Under God
      -=  Ooh Rah  =-