PeterF said:
What Adobe does is to analyse the overlap of two pictures and choose which part should be taken from which picture. ICE could really need this kind of smart way of analysing contrasting objects to create the illusion of a seamless panorama. You notice ICE failing when taking panorama pictures where people are walking by.

Bas, also try to see if your camera keeps its light and focus setting by keeping the button half-pressed between pictures. This will illiminate the need to adjust for light differences.

Here's one of my longest stitches to date, 34799 x 2020  Pixels (70.29 MPixels) :

Bas, also try to see if your camera keeps its light and focus setting by keeping the button half-pressed between pictures. This will illiminate the need to adjust for light differences.

I know that, I often target it at a mountain with the half-press to get it properly lit, and then take a shot of the sky (otherwise I'd get a way too bright picture), but as I said, I often just forget about that on account of being too impatient.

That stitch you did was pretty amazing. How did you move the camera, in the same plane or did you rotate it? The middle of my pictures was taken on a mountain overlook, but as you can see, it looks really curved. Incidentally, that makes it look even better in HD View (when you get to 'look around' in it), but it looks kinda weird as a 2D image. I notice your image is nice and straight.

Haven't tried ICE on pictures where people are walking around, but I did give that a shot with WLPG, and that came out fine:

This was composited from roughly nine shots, with people walking around and everything. The steam kept moving around, too. Tongue Out I'll give this a shot in ICE to see what it does.

But yeah, it's not so much the stitching that impresses me in ICE, but the way it manages to get the lighting uniform across all pictures it  stitches.