jamie said:
Dodo said:
*snip*
well have a new one as default - but support the 15 year old too as an option

Quickbooks 09 wouldnt load on torys laptop vista - so last night i put the factory xp media center disc back in and loaded it back how it was.

Im sorry to say that i love that OS - better than vista , better than 7. Its on the network (which it hasnt been for 2 years) i used UP about 50 times while loading all the apps - all of which had no problems.

the control panel is better.  the explorer is better. got the cool black media player tuner - Icons in the startmenu are easier to "know" without reading.  All programs flyout i prefer.

i basically think ive come to realization that - i really dont like anything at all about V / 7

I might load it back on every machine in the house and get my network, scanner, games, photostory, movie maker back

ps - good luck with the office closures and layoffs Steve!
Try gNewSense.  Why spen $1,000.00 on something you dont like.  OpenOffice beats Office, The Gimp now beats Photoshop and there is tons of free software to be had and you can modify it should you desire too.  Dont give in to Redmond Jamie.  Its your computer, not Microsofts.  Arent you tired of being spied on?  Spending a fortune on legacy software?  Im sure you are tired of viruses and blue screens.  If Rory Blythe can change so can you.