Bas said:
intelman said:
*snip*

Office 2007 Home & Student Edition also costs $79, and also contains a word processor, presentation software and a spreadsheet. On top of that, it adds OneNote and a 3 pc license. So how is iWork the better deal?

I do see your point there. Both suites provide the same types of apps and Office is the better deal.

The problem is if I get Office for Windows, I have to get a suite that includes Access and Publisher.

If I get an Office suite for Mac, I do not need those ( I do need what iWork provides) and school provides some program that will take place of Access (we do not use it intensely, some of our instruments output to an access file, which then gets translated into tabulated data.

It is nice to know Microsoft has a suite licensed for three computers at 79 dollars. At first I saw this.

I later found the 79 dollar suite you spoke of.

Now if only Windows (Ultimate) had such a deal. I do not *need* ultimate, but I really want/need the shadowcopy undelete feature.

Microsoft really needs one tier, so everyone can enjoy the benefits of these "Ultimate tiers".

There has been so many times I change a formula and want to go back to a spreadsheet with the previous formula. I love that feature, it is just a shame it is in the Ultimate version of Vista.

I do see your point there. Both suites provide the same types of apps and Office is the better deal.

The problem is if I get Office for Windows, I have to get a suite that includes Access and Publisher.

If I get an Office suite for Mac, I do not need those ( I do need what iWork provides) and school provides some program that will take place of Access (we do not use it intensely, some of our instruments output to an access file, which then gets translated into tabulated data.

It is nice to know Microsoft has a suite licensed for three computers at 79 dollars. At first I saw this.

I later found the 79 dollar suite you spoke of.

Now if only Windows (Ultimate) had such a deal. I do not *need* ultimate, but I really want/need the shadowcopy undelete feature.

Microsoft really needs one tier, so everyone can enjoy the benefits of these "Ultimate tiers".

There has been so many times I change a formula and want to go back to a spreadsheet with the previous formula. I love that feature, it is just a shame it is in the Ultimate version of Vista.