tfraser said:
Is this rule official or just a suggestion? That's damn cool if it is official. So I can now "purchase" all those things that looked nice but weren't really worth the cost, use them for up to 90 days and then return them for a full refund? Wow, thanks Apple.

Thinking about it, games in particular are going to be destroyed by this. I could finish (or become bored of) most of the games on the App Store well within the 90 day time limit. Most games I've downloaded so far I'm bored of within a few hours.
Well, it's in the T&Cs.

Gaj-it said:

The section states;

“In the event that Apple receives any notice or claim from any end-user that: (i) the end-user wishes to cancel its license to any of the Licensed Applications within ninety (90) days of the date of download of that Licensed Application by that end-user; or (ii) a Licensed Application fails to conform to Your specifications or Your product warranty or the requirements of any applicable law, Apple may refund to the end-user the full amount of the price paid by the end-user for that Licensed Application. In the event that Apple refunds any such price to an end-user, You shall reimburse, or grant Apple a credit for, an amount equal to the price for that Licensed Application. Apple will have the right to retain its commission on the sale of that Licensed Application, notwithstanding the refund of the price to the end-user.”

There is nothing to say that they will definitely do it, but they certainly reserve the right to do so. Given that this is Apple, I'd sway more towards not spending the money until after the ninety days ... Smiley

Oh hang on though.

It's not actually a case of spending the money is it? If the app is returned, you are paying out over and above what you made from the deal in the first place.

As I said, it's a tricky one.

I think a better idea would be a trial run. You can try it for ninety days, after that you pay for it, with no refund. The developer doesn't make any money, but at least he doesn't end up bankrupt.  I hear that the new API may allow for that.