Heywood_J said:
Among businesses, there will always be strong resistance to making any changes to computer systems. The most important reason for avoiding operating system upgrades is one that few people are willing to acknowledge -- my employer doesn't provide me a computer so I can run an operating system, they give me a computer so i can get work done. 

If I switch to Windows 7, will my existing applications be able to do more?  Will they acquire new features?  Of course not.  So why bother with all the potential problems?
"If I switch to Windows 7, will my existing applications be able to do more?  Will they acquire new features?  Of course not.  So why bother with all the potential problems?"

In my experience with the Windows 7 beta, newer applications (Office 2007, Visual Studio 2008 etc) run noticeably faster than they do on Windows XP SP3 on identical hardware. Also, there are far fewer occasions when a single application brings the rest of the system to a halt, as, for example, Outlook is prone to doing on startup.