Latest Achievement:

Loading Visual Studio Achievements

Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements

• Oops, something didn't work.

Getting "follow" information
    Start following this thread
    Removing your "follow"
    Setting up your "follow"
  • Sven GrootSven Groot Don't worry... I'm a doctor.

Good idea. I've already found a bug. It may not work if the images for the avatar aren't in the same folder as the application. I will fix that.

• Stevan VeselinovicSteve411 Me, all suited up!

Sven Groot wrote:
    Good idea. I've already found a bug. It may not work if the images for the avatar aren't in the same folder as the application. I will fix that.

Add them as a resource.

Imports System.Resources

Dim rw As New ResourceWriter("AvatarKit.whatEver")
    rw.AddResource("back_image.png",byte[] back_Image)
    rw.AddResource("av_bo.png",byte[] ab_bo)

Dim r As New ResourceManager("AvatarKit.whatEver",typeof(whatEver).Assembly())
    r.GetObject("back_image.png")

{note that its been a while since I done something in VB}

That is in fact exactly what I was going to do. Wink

Only I usually just set them as "Embedded resource" in VS and then use System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream("AvatarIntl.top.png").

EDIT: I've uploaded the corrected version, but I have to wait for the Apache server to recycle my public_html directory before the new version shows up.

• RossjRossj

It looks like we need a Coding Frenzy channel ...

Sven Groot wrote:
    That is in fact exactly what I was going to do.

Only I usually just set them as "Embedded resource" in VS and then use System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream("AvatarIntl.top.png").

EDIT: I've uploaded the corrected version, but I have to wait for the Apache server to recycle my public_html directory before the new version shows up.

See, not good at VB here. Wink Was my first language but moved up to C# right after that. Convert that to C# for me?

It's exactly the same in C#. You can set any file in the Solution Explorer to build action "Embedded resource", and then you can get a stream to that resource using System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream(resourceName)

ResourceName is the base namespace for the project + the path from the project root directory to the file.

• sbcsbc GW R/Me

Steve411 wrote:
    Sven Groot wrote:That is in fact exactly what I was going to do.

See, not good at VB here. Was my first language but moved up to C# right after that. Convert that to C# for me?

SharpDevelop can convert VB.NET to C# (and vice-versa)

The new version has appeared.

Once again:
    The application
    The source code (VB.NET)

sbc wrote:
    Steve411 wrote:
    Sven Groot wrote: That is in fact exactly what I was going to do.

See, not good at VB here. Was my first language but moved up to C# right after that. Convert that to C# for me?

SharpDevelop can convert VB.NET to C# (and vice-versa)

Thanks. I think i've used that before, for a 15 meg project i did. [thats a lot of code for me Wink]

Sven Groot wrote:
    The new version has appeared.

Once again:
    The application
    The source code (VB.NET)

Flag can not be retreived from an HTTP source. Want me to do that?

No, I'm adding that now. I just wanted to get the blatant bug removed first.

Sven Groot wrote:

No, I'm adding that now. I just wanted to get the blatant bug removed first.

Ok.. shoot [parents waking up]

• Thread Closed

This thread is kinda stale and has been closed but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums,
    or Contact Us and let us know.