Sabot said:
rhm said:
*snip*

Agreed.

I've been using other search engines recently as Google does seem to have lost focus on who exactly is the customer, perhaps it's still in Beta?

Bing is a silly name but it is a word that is used dramatically already in every-day-speech to mean 'surprise' so I do get it, but it is daft so Microsoft is going to be on the back-foot from the get-go with this one.

Because Google was such a great name? If you don't know what a google is, the name sounds even sillier than Bing.  If you do know what google means, it still seems like a very silly name for a search engine.

As for whether or not it will be any good... it already has one surprising self proclaimed "fan".  http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/255750/Woz-Bing!-Apple-Co-Founder-a-%22Big-Fan%22-of-Microsofts-New-Search-Engine

I'm not sure how it's going to work for my most common searches (all having to do with software development), but it looks like a dream come true for the average "consumer search".  Unlike Live Search, I'm sure I'll use Bing fairly frequently, even if it doesn't become my default search engine.