punkouter said:
Koogle said:
*snip*

I tried to understand your post there, I really did (read it 3x). But just couldn't. So, which one are you suggesting?

I'm buying Win 7 because I think its time for me and my pc to move on. That's the main reason. The other reason is because my girlfriend hates PC, and electronic devices and reluctant to use them (except the washing machine, microwave and her cellphone, i guess). She's just like my mom. But since IT is where I make a living and I have passion for it, I want her to understand and at least know computers better. And that requires me to get a nice easy to use OS, which what i hope Windows 7 will be. On the other side, I need to work on that PC also. So, as you can see I need a Windows version that supports English and Japanese seamlessly (if possible, without much problem at least).

So, again koogle, which one do you recommend? and why?

For everything except your first requirement it doesn't really matter. The Japanese IME is in any language version, English versions of Office and Visual Studio run on any language version. I can't imagine using Japanese drivers on English Windows is going to be a problem (you might have trouble running the installer if your system code page is not set to Japanese, but you can change that regardless of the UI language and there's also AppLocale).

Your first requirement, having different UI languages for different user accounts, can only be achieved with Ultimate (and Enterprise, but individuals can't buy that). At least that was the case with Vista, I think it will be the same for 7.

My recommendation would be to get Windows 7 Ultimate in English, and then install the Japanese language pack from Windows Update. This will allow you to set up one account in English and another in Japanese. Or buy it in Japanese and install the English language pack from Windows Update, it makes little difference. Smiley

Don't mind Koogle, he makes little sense to anyone except himself.