magicalclick said:
figuerres said:
*snip*

Why would app break when I didn't replace IE6? I am only installing a separate version, which didn't affect anything that's is already there. At least give me the option to replace IE6 or not. If I choose no, then, all those app will remain IE6 and I can still use newer IE in addition to that. Basically don't replace IE6 and don't change registry, simple as that.

@elmer I don't really care about CSS3 or HTML5. I care about the dreaded tab switching. The closed tab didn't release RAM. Lack of openness/customization such as  FF greasmonkey. And hack, the stupid download window still going to "weird default directory". When I mean "weird", I mean, no one remembers where they change the dir to. And yes, mine is always desktop, but, there are stupid times when it doesn't, and I would have to be like, here did I download it? I mean, there is so many things that should be solved before going talking about CSS3 and HTML5.

@Charles I suppose I should reply to that 2002 IE Feedback thread, but then, people would start thinking I am spaming. But, mostly, I want to know if there is any news about IE9 as my first line suggested.

"Why would app break when I didn't replace IE6? I am only installing a separate version, which didn't affect anything that's is already there. At least give me the option to replace IE6 or not. If I choose no, then, all those app will remain IE6 and I can still use newer IE in addition to that. Basically don't replace IE6 and don't change registry, simple as that."

But consider applications like Maxathon, which use the IE rendering engine and want to get the latest version when an update is applied. Others will want to get the version they were designed against. Yet others still don't mind and might benefit from getting the updated rendering engine or might break and the developers can't really know beforehand. When you start wanting to keep both versions of a component around the rules start to become complicated, because you have to try and figure a way to let some apps update and others not.