fvwj said:
vesuvius said:
*snip*

Well, the real point behind me asking, is why are there no books on "datastructures and algorithms" in C#, but there are tons in Java.

Like I said, they are similar, but the Java books does so in a Java way, and I would like to keep it strictly to a C# .NET way. I'm studying on my own, so I don't want to spread my resources too thin.

So I guess, C# or rather .NET, is geared more towards business and not academia? Why? I understand that Computer Science is about the science and not the language, but can we not learn Computer Science using C#?

Some CS schools in universities cover C# instead of Java, but Java got there first, and why should a school change its entire curriculum (since other modules assume the students know Java) just to be different? Schools already have massive investments in Java, it simply isn't worth it.

I think it's valid to compare Java's pervasiveness in academia with Windows in consumer and business computers, and why the Linux desktop will never uproot it (unless Wine gets there...)