rhm said:
turrican said:
*snip*

Don't waste your time - Androidi are like those people who continue to insist that gramophone records are better than CDs even though they don't even listen to them themselves because actually, as soon as you play it, it's damaged a little bit and it's impossible to keep dust and dirt off something that holds an electrostatic charge so perfectly.

I was amused however by the argument that LCDs are inferior because his eyes dry out when using them. You might want to try blinking occasionally! I find this too sometimes, but because I'm not a nutjob, I realise that I blink less because I'm able to stare at the LCD for longer and the reason for that is because it is flicker-free and razor sharp.

Tapes are better. Of course the question is for what. There's plenty of evidence to go around that using tapes as part of an audio production chain to color the sound of a track makes it sound nicer. eg. There's a guy in YouTube who uploads synth demos. I thought his first demo sounded superb and the rest sounded like crap. Well after digging enough it turned out he had ran the first one through analog tape. No wonder. The greatest electronic musician (eg some on Warp records) use it too as part of production process.