androidi said:
Sven Groot said:
*snip*

Both of them use ClearType. The other just has the sub pixels in different colors. It seems quite much similar as the issue that should be fixed in VS2010 RTM according to WPF text blog. There were people here who didn't seem to be bothered. Well I guess enough were bothered elsewhere since they chose to fix it. And now I'm saying there's issues again. So we'll see, maybe this will be fixed also. Smiley

ed: I do get what you're saying about the positioning but I don't understand the technology enough to say how it should work. I just see that it looks a bit fuzzy here. I will find a LCD to compare this on to see if the issue is purely CRT related.

Both of them use ClearType. The other just has the sub pixels in different colors. It seems quite much similar as the issue that should be fixed in VS2010 RTM according to WPF text blog.

DirectWrite uses a newer version of ClearType with subpixel positioning, which IE8 does not use. WPF also uses subpixel positioning, and it did have problems. And you know how they fixed it for .Net 4.0? By changing WPF to render like DirectWrite does. So now, after the fix, WPF 4.0 text looks like DirectWrite does.

If they want to change this they'll have to update DirectWrite. It's beyond the scope of IE9.