RLO said:
magicalclick said:
*snip*

Magical, I can appreciate what you are trying to say, but the statements as I mentioned before were very coy.  There is no "Zune Phone", but if it looks like a duck, it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.  It must be a duck, or in this case a Zune Phone.  Now, they were very precise in how they termed everything to let the public think that WP7S was going to look like the shots leaked in 2008 instead of looking like a Zune device.  It was brillant strategy, because we were all surprised with the reveal.  Although it helped keep the changes secret and surprisingly fresh, it was still misleading and with real consequences to those that bought the ZuneHD.  In the end, they let the consumers think one thing and never adjusted that perception until the end.

Do I like what they have done? Yes.  Do I like how they treated me as a customer? No. Will I get over it?  Maybe.

Wkempf, if they developed the requirement for three buttons after the fact, I hope someone was complaining to high-heaven about shafting current WinMo customers and stiring up a reaction from the Zune community.  I don't see what's is so special about having three buttons except as an excuse not to backport to older devices. 

Red5, I don't believe the platform will die, I just believe it will be taking a new turn.  I have voiced this in other places, but Zune could become PlaysforSure part II in which they let Zune DRM be added to third party players not manufactured by Microsoft.  It wouldn't be too hard to turn over the device manufacturing to the same companies doing the phones and thus relieve MS the burden of manufacturing and focusing on the software+services side of things.

With Zune added as part of the Xbox blade, I can feel certain they are in the content distribution business for the long run.

my "Dang.." was more for me having to carry two devices instead of one Sad

Looks like it's official:  http://zuneinsider.com/archive/2010/03/31/zune-hd-64gb-coming-april-12.aspx