turrican said:
bureX said:
*snip*

I couldn't agree with you more. What I find most disturbing is that they ( big corps and media ) are trying to turn the Internet into a Cable TV. Where Internet means "Facebook + YouTube + Twitter", big brother watching you all the time and they sell you crap they think you need by automated ads all over the place.

It is indeed very disgusting to watch it happen. Sadly, the general morons ( the public ) out there are totally clueless and follow every darn "new hip thing" like a herd of sheeps.

Come to think of it, it is also very creepy and frightening to watch. It's like living in a sci-fi movie where 99% of the population have become corporate zombies or something.

Facebook history "Facebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow computer science students Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes.[7] The website's membership was initially limited by the founders to Harvard students, but was expanded to other colleges in the Boston area, the Ivy League, and Stanford University. It later expanded further to include (potentially) any university student, then high school students, and, finally, to anyone aged 13 and over. The website currently has more than 400 million active users worldwide" ...my eye ball. There are big big corps behind all this crap I tell ya!

What I find most disturbing is that they ( big corps and media ) are trying to turn the Internet into a Cable TV.

That's where NetNeutrality should step in, preserving the Internet for everybody, even the current die-hard Facebook freaks in case if they ever snap out of it. But, alas, some appeal courts in the US are doin' it wrong.