mstefan said:
figuerres said:
*snip*

the help / doc engine yeah that one i *TOTALLY HATE* what they did, to me it was a HUGE step in the wrong direction. IMHO they should just say "For Help open a GOOGLE and search there ...." that's what i think of the new help system.

Truer words have never been written. Whoever thought the new help system was an improvement seriously needs to ... well, to be polite, I will suggest that they re-evaluate what they've done there and make an attempt at providing developers with something that's actually useful. Because what they have is a mess. Full stop.

You know, in thinking about it, help in all of its various forms (for developers and end-users) is one of the things that has actually gotten profoundly worse with newer and newer versions of Windows and other Microsoft products (I'm talking about you, Office). It boggles the mind.

I will say this for the help system: their goal was to make F1 more useful and they did achieve that. Now when you press F1, 90% of the time it gets you the right topic (as opposed to close to 0% of the time in VS2008).

It's too bad everything else got worse about it. I've got the help viewer extension installed (I don't like H3Viewer personally) and it's manageable with that, but it's not ideal for sure.